sisters

Friday, March 16, 2012

March 16, 2012

A significant day in Mahowald history - Casey Rainier Milesko will marry Kimberly Alice Yeske at 5:00 p.m. today in Duluth, Minnesota.   Liz and Joe are so proud, and happy for them.   Young love, eternal promises.  I wish the best to them.

I packed for the trip last night.  My first instinct was to grab a back pack - it is only ONE day.   After laying things on the bed (and deciding between three dresses), I grabbed a larger bag.   When I finished, I realized there are FOUR pairs of shoes in my packing plans.   How is that possible??   One pair of brown flats to wear with blue jeans in the car, one pair of black heels to wear to the wedding, one pair of "backup" flat sensible shoes to wear if my feet are hurting at the wedding, and one pair of tennis shoes for working out at the hotel.   Now does that make sense?!!    I have taken the heels out, and will go with the sensible shoes for the wedding.   I am contemplating wearing tennis shoes in the car for today and tomorrow non-wedding events.   Tennis shoes, ugh.    Sensible shoes for a wedding?    I may go back to the idea of four pairs!

Elaine is in town for the wedding!   She had an audit in Kansas that ended yesterday so she diverted her flight to MSP and will stay through Sunday.  It's really unfortunate that her entire family can't attend but not realistic.   Family members are staying at different Duluth/Superior hotels.  Most of us will be at the Sheraton as it is right next to they Greysalon Plaza where the reception will be held.   Ann, Warren, Paul and Shane will stay at the Voyageur Lakewalk Inn right down the street.  Pat, Jean and Laura will be at the Superior Inn, and Daniel and warren will go back to their cabin.   So excited to see everyone.

Moose will spend the night at Hilltop Kennel.  I'll drop him off at 9:00 a.m., and we'll head out after 10:00.   All of my family (less Brian) will be there.   We plan to take our time driving, stop for lunch in Hinkley and see Lake  Superior before checking in to the hotel.  Steven and David will have their own room so they can be independent of my early to bed, early to rise schedule.  I plan to dance at the wedding, so perhaps it won't be quite so early to bed tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment